Saturday 17 March 2012

Previous work

I've decided to post some of the best pieces I have done so far on this course.



This was a piece I did on value. I was looking at ephemera and how it sells for a lot more if it is in good quality than if it's in poor quality. I took this matchbox and modified it to make it, and the matches inside, seem far more valuable, so that people will take better care of it. Each match is wrapped in tissue paper and has its own little tray within the box. There are two layers of these "trays" (much like how you get two layers inside a chocolate box).






For this project we each got given a typeface and an item we had to incorporate into our final piece. I got given Gill Sans and a clipboard. My piece is about the life of the creator of Gill Sans, Eric Gill. For those of you that don't know about him, he was basically a very messed up guy. Amongst other things, he had sex with his dog and this is what my piece is based on. On the clipboard clip (which is hidden under the paper, and so is supposed to represent the hidden, dark side of Gill's life) it reads "the bearded typographer jumps onto the lazy dog".






This is for my classification project where I had got given a topic (I got amphibians) and had to find a way to organise them. I eventually narrowed it down to just frogs and then picked six frogs that had odd abilities or characteristics (representing how diverse frogs are). I drew these frogs and wrote the facts down underneath. I then took two of my frog pages and turned them into posters. (If you're guessing that I was inspired by Mike Mignola for the drawings then you guessed correctly).

Then, last but not least, this is my animation I produced in the rotation period at the start of the year which people seemed to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment